With the Order's formal approval in the 1830s, Society of Mary priests established an educational tradition that ensures a superior college preparatory education with the ultimate goal of forming the whole person in the image of Christ. Now nearly 200 years later, the Marist School board of trustees, administration, faculty, and staff have finalized the framework for Marist to continue this tradition of rich spiritual and educational excellence as a modern day model for Catholic secondary education. This long-term plan, titled Vision 2020, is the culmination of many years’ planning that will ensure Marist’s mission in education is able to enhance the minds and character of young people for generations to come.
Vision 2020 consists of seven focus areas that will provide Marist the resources needed to help students pursue achievement with integrity, skilled instruction, and spiritual guidance.
- Marist identity: to strengthen and expand the Society of Mary’s influence on the mission and teaching of the school.
- Program excellence: to cultivate balance and completeness in the educational program at Marist School and offer students opportunities for academic, spiritual, and leadership development.
- Student body: to attract, enroll, and retain a diverse student body consistent with a mission of academic excellence and personal spiritual growth.
- Faculty, staff, & administration: to recruit, support, develop, recognize, and retain highly qualified, diverse, and dedicated faculty and staff who are versed in and committed to the Marist mission in education.
- Alumni: to value and deepen relationships with alumni and create meaningful alumni involvement in school programs and activities.
- Campus & facilities: to have facilities and a campus environment that are consistent with the aims and spirit of the Society of Mary, the current high quality education provided, and future school aspirations. To read about the plan, which is an outgrowth of Vision 2020, in detail, click here.
- Finance & endowment: to support and further the Marist mission, philosophy, and long-range goals through prudent financial management of the operating budget and annual fund, the endowment, and all developmental efforts.
Click here to download a PDF format of the Vision 2020 Brochure.
The school’s mission to form the whole person in the image of Christ permeates every aspect of the educational program, making Vision 2020 a comprehensive plan involving the entire Marist community. Ultimately, these objectives will provide the resources for students to form a passion for lifelong learning and a devotion to service that can become instilled in their character as they grow into adults.