The Counseling Department partners with the Alumni Office to provide juniors with an opportunity to apply for a summer internship experience that will explore and develop specific career interests. On the Counseling side, the program is led by Mr. Robert Von Hagen. The internships are organized by industry and allow selected interns to be involved in the day-to-day tasks of a company/organization, offering real-world experience that will help them make college and career decisions when the time comes.
Some key information for 2019:
*2019 Internships will be posted on this page on Wednesday, January 23, 2019, at 4 p.m.
• Student applications are due Wednesday, January 30.
• Teacher recommendations are due by Monday, February 11.
• Applicants must also sign-up online by January 30 for an interview to take place between February 4-15. Individual Interviews will take place in the Counseling Office, the Fr. Hartnett Building, or the Fr. Gunn Building and will last approximately 10 minutes. Sign up to come.
• Applicants will be notified of decisions by 5 p.m. on Friday, March 1, 2019.
• Selected students and at least one parent will be required to attend a meeting on Tuesday, March 12 at 7 p.m. in Wooldridge Library. Students will be given contact information for their potential site supervisor at this time.
• Please Note: An internship is not ultimately secured until the "selected" student interviews with, and is approved by, the specific site supervisor. This final interview is the last step in the process and will take place after March 15.
• Please contact Mr. Von Hagen in the counseling office if you have any questions.