Since 2008, Marist School has partnered with the Georgia GOAL Scholarship Program, a Student Scholarship Organization (SSO) created through the Georgia Education Expense Tax Credit Program. This program enables Georgia residents, corporations, trusts, LLCs, and partnerships the opportunity to designate a portion of their state tax liability to the school's financial aid program. There is virtually no cost to participate, but your support has a tremendous impact on Marist’s ability to provide financial aid to students and families in need.
This is a proven opportunity that is a win-win-win for taxpayer donors, scholarship recipients, and our school community. By simply contributing to Georgia GOAL for a 100% Georgia income tax credit – in other words, by contributing with dollars you must spend anyway, you will help maximize financial aid for Georgia families desiring to receive a Marist School education.
Thank you to those who have already participated in the 2022 GOAL Program! All applications were submitted to the Department of Revenue (DOR) on January 4, 2022. You should be receiving your approval shortly if you haven’t already. Once approved by the DOR, please submit your payment
for the 2022 GOAL Program directly to Georgia GOAL within 60 days by choosing one of the following options:
1. Write a check payable to the Georgia GOAL Scholarship Program,
with Marist School in the memo line, and mail to:
3740 Davinci Court, Suite 375
Peachtree Corners, GA 30092
Once your payment has been processed, GOAL will email you a tax receipt. Please contact Kathryn Hawkins
or Ally Hinojosa
if you have any questions about submitting your payment or the status of your 2022 application.
Tax Credit Limits Based on Filing Status:
- Single individual or head of household – up to $1,000
- Married couple filing a joint return – up to $2,500
- Married couple filing separate returns – up to $1,250
- S corporation shareholder, LLC member, or partnership partner – up to $10,000
- NEW Opportunity for 2022: S corporation, LLC, or partnership that elects to pay tax at the entity level – up to 75% of Georgia income tax liability
- C corporation or Trust – up to 75% of annual Georgia income tax liability