The Counseling Department partners with the Alumni Office to provide juniors with an opportunity to apply for a summer internship experience that will explore and develop specific career interests. On the Counseling side, the program is led by Mr. Robert Von Hagen. The internships are organized by industry and allow selected interns to be involved in the day-to-day tasks of a company/organization, offering real-world experience that will help them make college and career decisions when the time comes.
Some key information for 2022:
*2022 Internships will be posted on this page on Friday, January 21, 2022, at 4 p.m.
• Student applications are due Friday, January 28
• Teacher recommendations are due by Monday, February 14.
• Applicants must also sign-up online by January 28
for an interview to take place between January 31 - February 11
. Individual Interviews will take place in the Counseling Office or the Fr. Hartnett Building, and will last approximately 10 minutes. Please sign up here
• Applicants will be notified of decisions by 5 p.m. on Friday, March 4, 2020.
• Selected students and at least one parent will be required to attend a meeting on Monday, March 21 at 7 p.m. in Wooldridge Library. Students will be given contact information for their potential site supervisor at this time.
• Please Note: An internship is not ultimately secured until the "selected" student interviews with, and is approved by, the specific site supervisor. This final interview is the last step in the process and will take place after March 21.
• Please contact Mr. Von Hagen in the counseling office if you have any questions.